Being charged with a crime feels overwhelming and confusing. The criminal justice system processes people without regard to their individual circumstances, personalities and stories.
Often, judges are concerned with moving through their dockets, prosecutors are focused on controlling their caseloads, and the individual people caught in the system are categorized as “defendants,” labeled with a case number and processed. Frequently, people exit the system feeling deprived of their day in court and angered by the way that they were treated.
At Dolan + Zimmerman LLP, we will vigorously protect your right to a fair and just process. To us, you are more than just a case number. You are a person who deserves to be treated with dignity. By telling your story to others involved in the justice system, we can help you seek a fair outcome.
Handling Misdemeanors To Felonies
All criminal matters can impact your life in an unpleasant way. At our firm, we handle numerous types of small and large cases, including:
- Driving under the influence: We handle first-time DUI and DWAI charges, repeat DUI and DWAI charges, felony DUI charges, vehicular assault and vehicular homicide charges, and other types of charges related to driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Sex offenses: We represent clients charged with sex assault, indecent exposure, unlawful sexual contact and other sex offenses. We also handle cases involving accusations of sexual harassment and assault. These charges carry serious potential consequences and require careful guidance by experienced attorneys.
- Domestic violence: We have extensive experience in representing clients charged with misdemeanor and felony domestic violence offenses, and in cases involving charges related to domestic abuse.
- Traffic violations: Traffic violations can trigger serious consequences for your driving privilege. We can help you keep your driver’s license intact.
- Restraining orders: As soon as a restraining order is filed against you, it is important to seek legal guidance. Our attorneys are skilled in navigating the justice system effectively.
- Drug charges: Colorado authorities take drug charges very seriously. Whether you are charged with misdemeanor possession or a felony charge like distribution, we can protect you.
- Post-conviction proceedings: If you have been convicted of a crime and need representation for an appeal, or need information and assistance regarding file sealing or expungement, we can help. If you are facing probation violation proceedings, we can help with that, too.
Criminal charges and convictions can have a dramatic impact on professional licensure, immigration status, driving privileges, parental rights, and professional and educational opportunities. They can reduce your ability to lead a productive and dignified life. We will work with you to help minimize or eliminate the consequences of criminal charges.
Finding Creative Solutions To Protect Your Future
Criminal defense lawyers cannot best serve their clients by taking the same approach every time. No two cases are the same. You are not the same as any of our previous clients, and your needs are not the same.
We consider the complete picture when determining the most effective strategy to achieve your goals. We consider how different approaches will not only affect the final outcome of your case, but also how they will affect your professional life, your family life and your future opportunities.
For past clients, we have worked outside the confines of the criminal justice system to find unique solutions. We have successfully negotiated private contracts and helped some clients participate in unauthorized diversion programs instead of facing harsher consequences. We will work tirelessly to find a resolution that supports your unique best interests.
Learn More In Your First Consultation
At our firm, your first 10 minute consultation is free. Call us today at 720-943-4964 to discuss your case with one of our experienced lawyers. You may also contact us online by filling out a contact form.