- Founding Partner
My clients are whole people.
My representation doesn't stop with the case itself - I also help my clients with collateral consequences of both civil and criminal matters, ranging from consequences at school, housing issues, professional licensing, and with ongoing issues in civil cases. I take particular pride in approaching each case in a creative and unique way.
There is no one size fits all. My background in civil litigation gives me a unique perspective in criminal cases: I do not slide into the rut of "take the plea offer or go to trial." I craft creative solutions for each individual case. The same is true in civil cases. I do not adhere to standard approaches to settlement, and instead work to create a resolution that fits my clients' needs.
I am passionate about the law.
More specifically, I am passionate about advocating for my clients, and helping them achieve the best outcome in their case. Because my background includes both civil and criminal litigation, I have the ability to combine the high-level research-driven strategies employed in civil cases with the quick thinking courtroom work developed through representing clients in criminal matters. The result is a better approach to both civil and criminal litigation.
During my time in law school, I was an associate editor on the University of Colorado Law Review. In that capacity, I wrote extensive research-based articles for publication, and also edited the work of professional authors and law professors who were chosen to publish in the University of Colorado Law Review. I had the pleasure of working with the best and brightest law students and to work on cutting-edge legal issues and analysis.
I also represented people charged with crimes through the CU criminal defense clinic. This blend of research-based writing and analysis and hands-on practice at the trial court level has defined my practice throughout my career as a lawyer.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation 50%
- Criminal Defense 25%
- Civil Litigation 25%
- Colorado, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2007
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Woman, 2007
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: International Studies
- People v. Harte, 337 P.3d 1232 (Colo. App. 2012)
- Harte v. 13th Judicial District, Colorado Ct. of Appeals
- Adjunct Professor, Front Range Community College, 2011 to 2011
- Appealing Administrative Findings of Child Abuse and the Trails Database, CCDB, 2010 to 2010
- Petitioning for Removal from the Colorado Sex Offender Registry, CCDB, 2009 to 2009
- New Trends in the Law of Search and Seizure, Lorman, 2008 to 2008
- Recent Trends in Wage and Hour Litigation, 2010 to 2010
Honors And Awards
- National Association of Women Lawyer's Outstanding Woman Graduate Award
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Member, 2007 to Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2007 to Present
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Colorado Women's Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Boulder Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2007 to 2011
- American Bar Association, Member, 2007 to 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Jurdem, LLC, Of Counsel, 2010 to 2015
- Berg Hill Greenleaf & Ruscitti LLP, Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Colorado High School Mock Trial, 2013 to Present
- Owner, Boulder Wine Merchant
- Founder & Board Member, Boulder Burgundy Festival